Monday, April 5, 2010

My Wildflower Week

Bluebonnet
Texas Bluebonnet

Brochure1
On Saturday I took a drive way to South Austin to pay a visit to the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center.
As per the brochure:
"The Center's gardens, open almost every day to the public, display the native plants of Texas with a focus on the Central Texas Hill Country..." 
and let me tell you...we are having a wonderful wildflower season this year! 
I took tons of pictures...So here in my little corner of the internets I am declaring it 
Wildflower Week!



Ladybird-Johnson
"Wildflowers and native plants are as much a part of our natural heritage as Old Faithful or the Capitol Building" Lady Bird Johnson


Field-of-Flowers
A Meadow of Indian Paintbrush

Bluebonnet-Field
Bluebonnet Bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!